Monday, January 21, 2008

28 Months Today

Fast approaching his 3 year old birthday. Joel is a super active (everyone thinks so too) boy. He's got good motor skills, loves to mix around, hearing skills is good (esp when I scream at him), definitely a normal boy. EXCEPT his speech, very slow for his age. The only few English words that he can say is Bye and go. But today! He spoke Chinese! I wasn't sure at first but after many repeats.. Yes! He said 这个咧. While I was washing his butt in the toilet, I told him to put everything back, he did that, and point to the shower foam on the floor and said 这个咧? I thought I was hearing things.

Then while helping me with the laundry, and Yes, he helps to put the laundry in and out of the machine, for wash and hanging. For every piece of clothes he passed to me, he said it again 这个咧, 这个咧. So cute!

Confirmed! He's speaking Chinese, and in 3 words! I think he's like me & Daddy, we are both very good and well verse in Chinese. Plus the nanny speaks to him in mandarin helps.

Way to go! Speak more please, 加油!!

No comments: